Is your Builder Protected? Here's what you should know about Insurance


Is your builder covered to do the work intended for your project? Confirming their builder’s license number isn’t enough! The team involved in your build should be able to provide evidence of any other registrations and certificates related to their trade. It is also vital that you are very clear about the types of insurance that builders must hold and that your builder has provided evidence of each of these: - Public Liability Insurance, which protects third parties on or near your property during construction. - Domestic Building Insurance, which protects you and future homeowners against incomplete or defective building works and in the event your builder becomes insolvent, passes away or disappears. - WorkCover, which is required for all employees for protection against injury on the site. We understand that some of these details can be daunting and we’d be happy to guide you through the process. Get in touch with our team to learn more, email us on